Dragon boat festival Race The Dragon 2022
On saturday June 11th 2022 dragon boat club United Dragons from The Netherlands is organizing its annual festival Race The Dragon in the city of Alkmaar. Due to the unique character of the sport and location of the event the festival has grown to be one of the best and most popular in our region. Due to the size limitations of the shipping canal which runs through the center of Alkmaar, the race is planned over a distance of 200 meters, in compliance with the Dutch Dragon Boat Federation rules. Our event attracts the best Dutch dragon boat squads and of course international teams are very welcome to join us for these races. The competition will be divided in races for local corporate/novice teams and experienced racing teams.
The festival site is located in the city center of Alkmaar along the North Holland Canal near the city beach ‘De Kade’. From the new lowered quay with wooden platform, you have a good view on the races. A DJ provides a musical decoration.
€ 250,- per team (10 bench boat)
Hiring a dragon boat: € 100,- (only possible for a 10-bench boat)
Signing up your team
Signing up is already possible! Please use the registration form at bottom of this page for signing up your team. We have a limited capacity of teams for the competition, so don’t wait any longer: send in the form and join us the 11th of June!
If there are any questions, please use our contact form.
Our team would like to participate in the dragon boat festival “Race the Dragon” in Alkmaar on Saturday June 11th, 2022. We also agree to the terms and conditions.
[* are mandatory fields]
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Every participant/team participates at their own risk at this event. The organisation does not accept any liability for any kind of damage. If you participate you do agree to these terms. The team captain and the organisation which the team represents is responsible for the participant.
- Every participant is at least 12 years of age. Every participant must be able to swim. If a participant is unable to swim he/she must wear a floating vest provided by the organisation.
- The registration fee is set at € 250 per team. The registration fee must be paid before May 1st 2022 to United Dragons. Payment details are on the invoice. The registration is final after receiving the payment.
- During the event we will make photos and videos for our websites (United Dragons and Race the Dragon) and social media. .
- Those who register as participants/team will be kept up-to-date about future editions of our event.
- The organisation reserves the right to take any measures to guarantee the safety and/or wellbeing of participants, team(s), crew and/or visitors/spectators before or during the event. Instructions from the organisation must be followed immediately at all times.