Dragon boat festival Race The Dragon 2024
On Saturday June 8th 2024 dragon boat club United Dragons from The Netherlands is organizing its annual festival Race The Dragon in the city of Alkmaar. Due to the unique character of the sport and location of the event the festival has grown to be one of the best and most popular in our region. Due to the size limitations of the shipping canal which runs through the centre of Alkmaar, the race is planned over a distance of 200 meters, in compliance with the Dutch Dragon Boat Federation rules. Our event attracts the best Dutch dragon boat squads and of course international teams are very welcome to join us for these races. The competition will be divided in races for local corporate/novice teams and experienced racing teams.
The festival site is located in the city centre of Alkmaar along the North Holland Canal near the city beach ‘De Kade’. From the new lowered quay with wooden platform, you have a good view on the races. On the festival grounds you can find food trucks for a drink and a snack and a DJ provides a musical decoration.
Registration and costs
Registration for the event is possible starting from February 1st.
The registration fee is € 250,- per team
Hiring a dragonboat: € 100,-
The registration must be completed by May 1st at the latest.
Below you will find the registration form.
If there are any questions, please use our contact form.
Our team would like to participate in the dragon boat festival “Race the Dragon” in Alkmaar on Saturday, June 8th, 2024. We also agree to the terms and conditions.
[* are mandatory fields]
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Every participant/team participates at their own risk at this event. The organisation does not accept any liability for any kind of damage. If you participate you do agree to these terms. The team captain and the organisation which the team represents is responsible for the participant.
- Every participant is at least 12 years of age. Every participant must be able to swim. If a participant is unable to swim he/she must wear a floating vest provided by the organisation.
- The registration fee is set at € 250 per team. The registration fee must be paid before May 1st, 2024 to United Dragons. Payment details are on the invoice. The registration is final after receiving the payment. After May 1st 2024 it is not possible to unsubscribe your team. If this happens, the participation (€ 250,-) fee will not be refunded.
- During the event we will make photos and videos for our websites (United Dragons and Race the Dragon) and social media. .
- Those who register as participants/team will be kept up-to-date about future editions of our event.
- The organisation reserves the right to take any measures to guarantee the safety and/or wellbeing of participants, team(s), crew and/or visitors/spectators before or during the event. Instructions from the organisation must be followed immediately at all times.